Welcome To My Page

Hi! Am so glad you took the time to stop by my page. I love to talk about WORSHIP, WOMEN & MARRIAGE. I hope you find the thoughts I share interesting. Please don't fail to let me know your thoughts on them and give me your comments.

Never forget this! Life is short and should be lived to its fullest. The best way to do this is to put your life in the hands of Christ Jesus and walk with Him all the way.

God bless you and yours!

Monday, June 11, 2012

THE GIFT OF FRIENDS

I was going through the Book of Job and certain thoughts began to parade my mind about friendships and what a gift it could be especially when the right principles are applied. Every single one of us needs true friends. People we can rely on and who in turn can rely on us. Nevertheless I have discovered that there are various levels of friendships. There are those who know that at anytime 'T' they can rely on us. We are their friends but they are not ours in the same way and vice versa. That is to say that certain people could be a shoulder we rely on but they do not find us their place of succour in their time of need. They have others they run to when they are in dire need of a good friend. It doesn't mean we are not their friends but we may not be a friend to them in that light or to that extent. They mean no harm and they are still and always a friend for us. For instance as a Pastor and a Pastor's wife, often times my life seems to really be like that of a fish in a fishbowl. I am available as a friend, mother, confidant, acquaintance, counsellor, etc. giving a listening ear to many and truly do not mind it at all. Most times am a shoulder for many to cry on but it can be quite an uphill task locating within the myriads of people a true friend who can be there for me especially when I need a friend to rely on. You can't share everything with everyone can you?

 In other words, you can be friend to someone in their time of need and they are not necessarily a friend for your time of need and vice versa.  It doesn't mean you are not friends but its friendship at varied levels.  The third level of friendship I find is that there are those who are not only friends to you but you are friends to. That kind of symbiotic friendship can be deeper and really mutual.  I like how the children of these days put it BBF (Best Friends Forever)

That said, let's go back to Job. Here's a man in the midst of a trying moment in his life. In the depth of despair! Quite confused about his situation because he had applied all the principles in the book so he shouldn't, I mean by normal human calculations find himself in such a tight corner. Yet here he was!  Been there done that! I dare say that many in life try to give an explanation to many things that happen in their lives. I used to live on that highway! I thought I could explain everything. Of course there should be a logical explanation for everything shouldn't there? Sorry! I equally had to learn that there are things in life that cant be explained. So here's my thought on this when it comes to friendship. I needn't be the friend who always wants to explain the whys about your life's journey because sometimes they are absolutely unexplainable! He knows the way you take and He knows the path set before you. You sure can guess already that I don't need that kind of friend either.

Job had a crop of friends who couldn't care less but to be theologically right! They 'needed' to prove to him that they had an understanding of God and His laws (they sure were far from the truth)! He had friends who wouldn't be like Jesus who would rather go against the 'Far-to-sees' (Pharisees) and 'Sad-to-sees' (Sadducees) to reach out to the woman who had been bent over for 18years. He had friends who judged him in their hearts though they sat in 'mourning' with him! No wonder at the end of the story, the Mighty one who sees in secret, and before whom nothing is hidden tells those friends to go to Job for prayers! Hmmm! Our prayer today, I think should be Lord make me a 'Friendship Gift' to someone who needs me. Not to judge nor try to explain their situation but to just be there!

I hope this makes sense.  See you next time!

(c) Chinelo Dillimono 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please dont forget to drop your comments. God bless

Subscribe Now: standardSmall

Total Pageviews